Tuesday, April 14, 2009

#23 Eat a balanced breakfast every day for a month

And so I actually did... And I gotta tell ya... It wasn't easy. Mostly because of the fact that it takes time to prep and then cook, not only that but to keep even the simplest of ingredients stocked takes effort and money. But regardless I'm hoping that I will continue this good habit even the immediate goal has been accomplished.



Most of my breakfasts consisted of bran cereal topped with berries (either strawberries or raspberries) with milk, some kind of fruit, toast with strawberry jam, and egg for protein, and orange juice as a source of calcium for I am lactose intolerant. On busy days I would just eat a boiled egg (usually I had a couple already made for busy days), piece of toast w/ strawberry jam, strawberry yogurt, and gulp down a glass of OJ. On some days when I had more time to cook, I would either make blueberry pancakes, or a chicken with red, yellow, and green bell peppers and onion omelet... or if I was hungry then both (LOL)

Anywho, I feel so blessed coming from awesome parents that know how to cook =)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! My only suggestion would be less carbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, but I've been working out a lot and burning a lot of calories, so I figured the carbs was okay...

    ReplyDelete